BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading my high beam to HID. I find many posts on how to replace the low beam but none on the newer 2006 High beam bulb. Even Illinois club videos only show the older LT bulb. Does anyone have a manual that shows how to replace the "High beam bulb" located under the main headlight. My manual is from a pre 05 bike so it also doesn't show it. Maybe I'm missing something. Any help will be appreciated.. I sure don't want to take all the plastic off AGAIN. I just finished a complete servicing and got it back together last week.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops never mind my original posts. I wrote it before actually taking a close look at it.. Turns out you don't need instructions at all. Just look under the light and there it is. Easy. I feel totally stupid. This will probably be the easiest maintenance I've done on it since I bought it. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I'm upgrading my high beam to HID. I find many posts on how to replace the low beam but none on the newer 2006 High beam bulb. Even Illinois club videos only show the older LT bulb. Does anyone have a manual that shows how to replace the "High beam bulb" located under the main headlight. My manual is from a pre 05 bike so it also doesn't show it. Maybe I'm missing something. Any help will be appreciated.. I sure don't want to take all the plastic off AGAIN. I just finished a complete servicing and got it back together last week.
There are a couple reasons why the high beam isn't replaced with an HID also.
1.) After you do the low beam...you don't need a high beam.:grin:
2.) HID light need a warm up time so if you "flash" it to pass, it won't light up quickly enough.
My thoughts anyway. :wave

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I read all of the above, but I never use flash to pass. I do use the high beam though, and last night took a midnight ride in some very dark areas. Found that the low beam hid was nice, but wanted it further out. Not that expensive or hard to change, so I figured I'd do it.

Reactions: johnbaker15
1 - 4 of 4 Posts