BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to update my GPS that came with the bike when I purchased it in 2002. My current GPS, which is mounted on the dash just above the light. I want to purchase the Garmin zumo 665 because it has a xm radio. A friend has the 660 and it is the same mount as the 665. The mount will attach to my current mount making installation easy.

My question is before I spend all this money, I want to make sure the new wiring will work and allow me to hear everything thru my helmet? any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Bobbmw said:
Its time to update my GPS that came with the bike when I purchased it in 2002. My current GPS, which is mounted on the dash just above the light. I want to purchase the Garmin zumo 665 because it has a xm radio. A friend has the 660 and it is the same mount as the 665. The mount will attach to my current mount making installation easy.

My question is before I spend all this money, I want to make sure the new wiring will work and allow me to hear everything thru my helmet? any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar issue when it came time to replace my 02 SPIII. I thought it was stolen (really!) and had to quickly order a replacement...

It really wasen't difficult to rerun new wire. I went with the 2820 though and used the same intercom connection.

I replaced it with a 2820 that came with a bracket that easily replaced the bracket for the SPIII. Mounted in the same location. It has Bluetooth/XM and a much faster processor. I'm not using the Bluetooth though, just the same cable as before. I had to run a new power cable and a separate single cable for the audio that went directly to my AutoComm. Really pretty easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts