BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 LT with 36000 miles on it. I drive about 50% of the time with my wife. We live in southern Ontario where the roads are mostly straight, flat and very boring. We take 1 or 2 longer trips per year to ride the most twisty roads I can find. With a passenger and the shock close to the hardest setting I am hitting the centrestand when not trying too hard.

My question would be, is it worth it to spend the money for a Wilburs shock considering most of my riding is on the boring flatland?

Thanks for any input.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
fllyboy said:
I have a 2003 LT with 36000 miles on it. I drive about 50% of the time with my wife. We live in southern Ontario where the roads are mostly straight, flat and very boring. We take 1 or 2 longer trips per year to ride the most twisty roads I can find. With a passenger and the shock close to the hardest setting I am hitting the centrestand when not trying too hard.

My question would be, is it worth it to spend the money for a Wilburs shock considering most of my riding is on the boring flatland?

Thanks for any input.
Yes. I put Ohlins on my LT at 35K & it was like a whole NEW / Different bike. You will be amazed at how much difference a shock upgrade will change the bike.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Brother Ron,
U B DA MAN!! :bowdown: :thumb: <$300 to "upgrade" my shocks is tons easier to tell the wife when I can present my case that it will cost >$1K for new ones! :wow: :cussing: This looks like the route I'll take! :bike: Thanks for the info below and your test run two years ago!

kellenbenz said:
I would just respring the shocks with Hyperpro rising rate springs.

http://www.hyperprousa.com/catalog.php?cat=Springs&make=BMW&model=BMW+K+1200+LT+99>&model_name=BMW+K+1200+LT+99>&ordertype=

I did this on mine about 70K ago and it still rides great. Here is a link to my original post with pictures.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37485&highlight=hyperpro

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts