BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new mirror and have been looking.
Anyone have any experience with those mirrors shipped from China on Ebay?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I need a new mirror and have been looking.

Anyone have any experience with those mirrors shipped from China on Ebay?

I buy lots of stuff from China for my Harley. The majority of items are pretty good. It'll certainly be cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I bought a pair for my LT. Seem to work just fine. Certainly are cheaper than new OEM mirrors. I have a 2000, and didn't want to put much money in a bike that I can't seem to give away for $3000.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I bought a set from china, and had them painted, still came out way ahead of the OEM, but this time I screwed them on (two screws in each one to make sure they don't fall off-just adds a minute or so when I am taking tupperware off). They are not nearly the same quality, but not sure I want mirrors on the bike costing more than the bike (2000)!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a set from china, and had them painted, still came out way ahead of the OEM, but this time I screwed them on (two screws in each one to make sure they don't fall off-just adds a minute or so when I am taking tupperware off). They are not nearly the same quality, but not sure I want mirrors on the bike costing more than the bike (2000)!
Did you do the screw thru the vent hole and tap the hole on the fairing?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome Thanks for the info. These bikes are expensive enough, I'll cut corners where I can.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have them on my 99 K1200LT and they are not the same quality but they work. Make sure you buy the scraps to hold them on. I learn the hard way on 700 mile trip when I encountered road construction and the original ones fell off. I saw them fall in slow motion but unfortunately, I was unable to find them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts