BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience, good, bad, or ugly, with the RSR 05-0130 replacement clutch kit for any LT or more specifically a 2005 LT? :confused:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
So far RSR has not produced any clutches for sale, but they have a great web site.

Most of us are in line for the second production run of 10each on the oil-proof 2122456 - SUPER CLUTCH K1200LT by http://www.siebenrock.com/ from eurotech motorsports.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Do you know how close they are to having 10 orders lined up? Mine started slipping on the MSTA Texas Hill Country Ride and has been progressively going down hill ever since.Won't be too much longer before it just sits and spins. :(

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
You might just give them a call or e-mail. Now I do know that there was already one batch of 10 sold to members here and I'll bet not all of them have been installed yet so you might post the question to see if someone would give up their "bird in hand" to you if it comes to that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i lost the link to the u.s. supplier of the oil proof clutch. does anyone know how many are
preordered now.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
chuckle said:
Thanks for the info. Do you know how close they are to having 10 orders lined up? Mine started slipping on the MSTA Texas Hill Country Ride and has been progressively going down hill ever since.Won't be too much longer before it just sits and spins. :(
You are welcome to mine and replace it later.

Dan Martin
West Houston

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
Dan,

Your link is pointing to "Close Out" pricing on that clutch. I'll have to call them Monday to see what is going on since they don't even go to Siebenrock until they get 10 orders.

·
Registered
596 Posts
That link is for r50-69
NOT LT

·
Registered
596 Posts
Homepage of Eurotech says doors are closing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi anything new on the clutch availability?,anybody phone them over there to find out? I ordered one in case they do supply them,the link said they will not charge you till they are ready to ship them,

·
Registered
375 Posts
jzeiler said:
So far RSR has not produced any clutches for sale, but they have a great web site.

Most of us are in line for the second production run of 10each on the oil-proof 2122456 - SUPER CLUTCH K1200LT by http://www.siebenrock.com/ from eurotech motorsports.
Regarding to the German BMW K1200LT Forum. Siebenrock will not produce a new Clutch for the LT because the limited number of pieces. So said by a technician from Siebenrock.

Manfred

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Sad if they wont but they have, in fact, already completed a production run on the LT clutch. Maybe a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing?

Loren

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
mreuter said:
Regarding to the German BMW K1200LT Forum. Siebenrock will not produce a new Clutch for the LT because the limited number of pieces. So said by a technician from Siebenrock.

Manfred
I bought my LT Siebenrock clutch disc earlier this year & will be installing it next month. There are other LT's with the Siebenrock disc installed & on the road right now.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
mreuter said:

Manfred
Manfred,

We are not looking for a NEW clutch just more of thier exsiting design.

Maybe you could give them a call and see if they would be willing to do another production run for the LT. In the past they required a minimum order of 10 units. We may have to find a new importer since EuroTech is going out of business.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is Saturday didn't think there is someone to answer my questions but wrong.
I spook to some of the technical consultants.
If you Guy's get 15 together the would produce them. This would be the original part whish they have had produced and sold before. The Price would be around 170,- to 190,- Euro each.
So what I would recommend open a pool and everyone how wont to order some, even if you put this in stock, set the number in. If you get 15 together is no problem to order them. If you need some assistance over here to talk to them or place this order I will help you is no problem. But on your side, one person should coordinate this.

Hope I could help you, Manfred

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
Thanks Manfred. We appreciate you efforts here. Now to get the interest in a large, expensive group buy.

Looks like they will build them but only in lots of 15 and 170 to 190 Euros comes out to 225 -250 in US $.

Any one want to take this on ? If so start a new thread and we will get the Mods to sticky it so it stays at the top.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts