BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had to replace their key FOB at all and know what the cost is? I snapped the actual key by accident. I left the key in the bag and went to mount the bike, when I swung my leg over it snapped off the key. This is on a '17.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got a spare fob for my keyless 2021 RT, $342 with my 15% discount $291. Have to be there with VIN and proof you are the owner then wait for it come (usually about 1-2 weeks)

·
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got a spare fob for my keyless 2021 RT, $342 with my 15% discount $291. Have to be there with VIN and proof you are the owner then wait for it come (usually about 1-2 weeks)
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone had to replace their key FOB at all and know what the cost is? I snapped the actual key by accident. I left the key in the bag and went to mount the bike, when I swung my leg over it snapped off the key. This is on a '17.
I got one for my '17 RT from Simeon at beemerparts dot com for $299. He was quick to respond. You have to pair the new, programmed key to the bike. He can explain.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Spare FOB for my '15 RT was $305. Took 5 days to get it from Sandia BMW. All done via phone and I had to fax copies of my DL, Registration & Ins. Pairing instructions came with it. Fast and simple to get done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you just want a replacement key, I believe you can order a key to fit your bike (VIN required) for about $60.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have Keyless, and I had to replace mine (I lost the original).
Anyway it cost me around £150 and The dealer required the VIN, a passport and a utility bill.

·
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you just want a replacement key, I believe you can order a key to fit your bike (VIN required) for about $60.

That's what I ended up doing. I had two plastic keys made. I didn't see the need for the $300+ to get a new FOB when the one I have still works. Thanks for all the replies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts