BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harbor freight #38391 jump starter has exact battery to replace the BMW battery.
$49.99 on sale. Drill the tabs to 15/64".

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm curious how long it will last.
On the other hand, a four-year old jump-pack (not from Harbor Freight, and I paid top dollar because of how long the same brand lasted me before) can still flip over a 5.2L v8 on my van, so you might well be on to something there.

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
casualemt said:
... fits the LT perfectly, is a battery designed for scooter chairs, $41.98 free shipping...Mine is working awesome so far![/QUOTE] what is "so far"? There are two primary roles for batteries -- deep cycle, where you fully charge the battery, then nearly completely discharge it relatively slowly, and the more conventional car/motorcycle battery usage, where you have an intense burst of power sucked from them for a few seconds, which is then recharged. The standard motorcycle/car battery is never drawn all the way down My concern with a battery designed for scooters (a deep-cycle application) is that it may not put out sufficient amperage (at appropriate voltage) to flip over the engine when it gets colder, or may not last very long with the high, quick loads. If you have to replace it once a year, you still might come out ahead. If you can't flip it over at 40F (and you wish to be able to), bad economy. Or it may work great for several years... in which case, pure win. I'm curious how it works for you... and how long.

·
Registered
679 Posts
battery is 22 amp/hour, BMW battery is only 20 a/h....so far means since I installed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts