BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my '05 torn down for a 24-k (48k total miles) and have noticed a significant fuel leak at injector #1. The other 3 look dry. Now, the bike has not been running great past couple years and gas mileage has been down too, around 32 mpg. Neither an O-sensor replacement nor a battery change improved matters. So, my question to the group is: Should I replace the fuel injectors with the refurbs from Beemerboneyard ($125) or just replace the O-rings? I already have new plugs and wires ready to go in.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,903 Posts
I would go with the refurbs. They do get clogged over time and you would be starting with a fresh point on the scale to solve your low mileage issue. I had no idea they sold them that cheap. I think I'll get a set as I am @ 98 K now.

Reactions: saddleman

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've not had to deal with this on my K12, but did with my K11 and K75. In both cases, sending them to Mr. Injector produced refurbished injectors @ 17.50/unit. It would be worth checking out.

Larry Johnson

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have my '05 torn down for a 24-k (48k total miles) and have noticed a significant fuel leak at injector #1. The other 3 look dry. Now, the bike has not been running great past couple years and gas mileage has been down too, around 32 mpg. Neither an O-sensor replacement nor a battery change improved matters. So, my question to the group is: Should I replace the fuel injectors with the refurbs from Beemerboneyard ($125) or just replace the O-rings? I already have new plugs and wires ready to go in.
Mr Injector, a company in Idaho, specializes in testing & reconditioning injectors. About $17 per injector for a K75, reportedly.
Bob

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So here's the big gamble. Including shipping, Mr. Injector saves $48 over Beemerboneyard and if one of your injectors isn't serviceable they don't charge you. That's great, but then you're stuck with buying a new one. Anyone ever use Mr. Injector and had them say one of the injectors couldn't be serviced?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
How about you buy the ones from Beemer boneyard, send out yours to Mr. Injector and then sell those to get back some money?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts