BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up getting a good deal on a Remus Sport exhaust that my dealer had in stock. It's rather loud but I really like the sound.

Since I never ride 2-up, I really like the personality of the Black LT with the sport can, the trunk removed and the Ft. Worth rack.

I am going to put the chrome shield back on, though.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
BlackBMW said:

Don't do it!!!!! That can is too pretty to cover up:bmw:
Nice lookin bike.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
Streamline...

BlackBMW said:
I ended up getting a good deal on a Remus Sport exhaust that my dealer had in stock. It's rather loud but I really like the sound.

Since I never ride 2-up, I really like the personality of the Black LT with the sport can, the trunk removed and the Ft. Worth rack.

You can further streamline the bike by removing the antenna and replace it with a hide-away http://www.crutchfield.com/S-P2J7kkSTJlo/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=232750&I=12044UA20

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
BlackBMW said:
That looks like a good idea.

How is it best installed on an LT? Is the box receiver hidden?

Thanks!
Some people install the antenna under the rear seat. It is a bit of work as you have to remove the original antenna cable and route the new antenna cable in its place (many cable ties to clip and new ones to install). You can tap for switched power at the heated seat fuse; this however will prevent radio reception with the ignition off, but it will also keep the battery from draining when you are not riding (trade-off).

·
Registered
300 Posts
how much $$

BlackBMW said:

I would buy one if I could get a good deal?
How much is good?

Less than $1,000.00 ..........

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up with a great deal, but that was because it was sitting in dealer stock. The proverbial red-headed stepchild that nobody wanted because it is the dreaded "Sport version".

As I mentioned, rather loud but fine with me. It was just what I was looking for. I wanted to convert my LT into a hybrid.....kind of a luxury-cruiser.

·
Banned
8 Posts
BlackBMW said:

How long did the original muffler last on LT?

I can not see the catalytic convector.
Was there any problem eliminating the cat?

knowing the exact dimensions of the muffler,
it may be possible to order tailored stainless muffler
from stainless manufacturer
which will last for life and should be well under $1K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts