BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Probably a stupid question to ask this particular forum, but I can't get an answer from Remus to my email.
My 2000LT came with a remus muffler AND the original. Last year, for a quieter ride, I switched the Remus back to the original. Now I have the Remus to sell,complete with the exhaust system. The model is Innovation. What does having a remus get you? A throatier sounding ride and, I'm pretty sure, top end speed that's a bit higher.
But I have no idea what a reasonable price for this muffler and exhaust system would be? Anyone? Anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
By its self, ( and I have one) I don't think there was a change in speed, just a different sound. I do like the difference though and bought one used from this group. I think I paid around $250 to $350 for it, but can't be positive. I ended up giving my old original away.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dandiver said:
By its self, ( and I have one) I don't think there was a change in speed, just a different sound. I do like the difference though and bought one used from this group. I think I paid around $250 to $350 for it, but can't be positive. I ended up giving my old original away.
Dan, did that include the whole exhaust system or just the muffler?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
The entire system that mounts with 8 bolts to the header. I did not install the chip.

Just a trick if you try to install it yourself, coat each of the copper washers with Vaseline or a little grease to help them stay in place while you screw in the bolts. I learned this the hard way!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Same thing here ... Purchased my ENTIRE Remus LT system from a member here off a bike that was in a mild garage fire, bike was melted enough too total it, exhaust was dirty from soot and melted plastic drips. Paid $250 for it. Sold my stock system for $200 ....
So with some elbow grease and a few scotch bright pads paid a whooping $50 for mine.

Added a self engineered insert into the Remus mufflers outlet that tamed the low rumble noise. Just love it now that the cagers can hear me when I cruise in traffic at 4-5K rpm.

Did find mileage seemed to pick up a few MPG too.

·
Registered
368 Posts
gpolakow said:
Okay. Probably a stupid question to ask this particular forum, but I can't get an answer from Remus to my email.
My 2000LT came with a remus muffler AND the original. Last year, for a quieter ride, I switched the Remus back to the original. Now I have the Remus to sell,complete with the exhaust system. The model is Innovation. What does having a remus get you? A throatier sounding ride and, I'm pretty sure, top end speed that's a bit higher.
But I have no idea what a reasonable price for this muffler and exhaust system would be? Anyone? Anyone?

You have a PM from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts