BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

Moto Mouth #10 is up - this time focusing on the Remus Hexacone Titanium slip-on exhaust for the liquid-cooled BMW R1200RT-LC. How do you like the appearance and sound? Let me know!

-MKL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice review.
Not worth the $1k for me tho.
I can skip the pizza and see the weight savings if needed.

Reactions: TheWookie

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
I agree! Bunch of money for at most 2 HP. And more noise.

Add in the headers and you are at 1800.00 bucks or more.

I have said it before the LC RT Exhaust looks great to me. It is big and shiny and I like it!

The more efficient a motor is the more it cost to make very small HP gains. That is the only reason I every changed exhaust on a car or bike was to make HP gains in conjunction with a EFI tuner, and more air flow.

It is a nice looking exhaust can but to me it looks out of place because of how big the Stock muffler is. I guess with the bag on it would look fine though.

A good down to Earth review though. I think it was also honest and not geared at the manufacturer but rather at us the end user. I like that part, honesty.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
i love my remus on my '11. i did buy the whole setup and ended up just using the muffler. It Wasn't too loud with the full setup, just didn't care for the exhaust tone. i found the stock header and the remus turned out perfect for me. cant stand the big honking chrome muffler..

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
See that, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Boring world if we all liked the same thing :)

I guess after spending so much money on bikes over the years that I am a lot more stingy with spending a Grand on sound. Who knows though it is one of those things that first off is subjective, and second it probably sounds so much better in person.

I have costume molded musician -10db ear plugs. I use a Sena with a 32 Gig USB stick and a C3 and C3 Pro to not hear those types of sounds :)

Oh I did rock some pipes in my day but I am more at ease now that I am older, and appreciate sounds less and less.

And man how can you not love that beast of a muffler ;-)

Reactions: slothy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree! Bunch of money for at most 2 HP. And more noise.

Add in the headers and you are at 1800.00 bucks or more.

I have said it before the LC RT Exhaust looks great to me. It is big and shiny and I like it!

The more efficient a motor is the more it cost to make very small HP gains. That is the only reason I every changed exhaust on a car or bike was to make HP gains in conjunction with a EFI tuner, and more air flow.

It is a nice looking exhaust can but to me it looks out of place because of how big the Stock muffler is. I guess with the bag on it would look fine though.

A good down to Earth review though. I think it was also honest and not geared at the manufacturer but rather at us the end user. I like that part, honesty.
Hey, thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm trying my best to improve!

-MKL

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
For me it comes down to how often do I have the bags off and look at the exhaust, when I wash it and when I take it to the dealer for service. The rest of the time I literally don't see it. If I had a couple of thousand dollars burning a hole in my pocket I think I would buy a spare set of wheels so that I don't end up replacing a tire a few thousand km early to prevent from having to have the tire replaced half way through a trip. But even then a rational analysis of the cost might come out in favour of replacing the tires early.
Then again there is very little rational though in owning a motorcycle :grin:

Gerhard

·
Premium Member
5,118 Posts
Excellent review....in particular regarding why one would, or would not, want to spend the money to buy one! I think that you hit all the points right on the nose!! :)

Reactions: Leghorn and LAF

·
Premium Member
5,118 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts