BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I can only speak for me, but others may agree, removing the top case is for solo riding. Admittedly, I have considered attaching a smaller back rest to one of Spudrider's racks, but why? Whey the wife's on, the trunk's on. When I ride solo, the trunk's in the shop.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
fpmlt said:
I can only speak for me, but others may agree, removing the top case is for solo riding. Admittedly, I have considered attaching a smaller back rest to one of Spudrider's racks, but why? Whey the wife's on, the trunk's on. When I ride solo, the trunk's in the shop.
Plus one.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I had that same issue when I took mine off. I had purchased a Ft. Worth Rack,(without the "handle") and my wife hated to ride on it without a back rest. I solved the problem and bought a back rest from www.bestrestproducts.com, and mounted it on the Ft Worth rack. Works great, except it does take up quite a bit of space on the rack.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once the case is off any suggestions for a good rack. Seen a few advertised from 175 to 475. Would be interested in the Fort Worth if I could find one, as they seem to be out of stock at the stores I located.

Mark

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Mark, our own Spudrider builds a nice rack. I have it on my bike now. Being a Harley rider, I'm an out of the closet chrome junky, so I'd like that option, but his racks are a very nice product. I think a search should turn something up here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts