BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need advise on how to remove the right grip to installed the new throttle cable kit. I looked in the manual and it says to turn throttle fully forward (clockwise) and pull it off. I have tried this and I'm not having any luck.

Please advise.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
schostev said:
Hi I need advise on how to remove the right grip to installed the new throttle cable kit. I looked in the manual and it says to turn throttle fully forward (clockwise) and pull it off. I have tried this and I'm not having any luck.
Please advise.
I just did the conversion and I like the results. Remember the heated grip wiring and unplug it under the left side tupperware behind the com system plugs. You can then pull the wiring out through the center of the handle bar. Or, you can just leave the grip on while you replace the rest of the parts.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
There is no need to remove the right grip when installing new throttle cables. Remember there is a wire running thru the center of the handle bars which powers the heated grips. Don't pull to hard or you will break the wires. Just feed a little of the slack from the heated grip wiring back into the bars then you will be able to pull the grip back enough. Just take some side cutters to remove the old parts from around the bars then you will be able to install the new "MOD" kit with ease.
I'm putting new cables on mine right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts