BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the interior trim piece on my bike. That is the piece that holds the speaker grills, trip computer, etc.

I am at the point in the manual that tells me to remove the piece, then disconnect the trip computer. Problem is, the cable to the trip computer is too short to let me remove the trim while still connected. To make matters worse, I can't get my fat fingers to the connector to disconnect it.

It looks like I will have to remove the top spoiler section just to reach the connector to disconnect the computer to remove the trim.

Anyone know a better way?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
space_coast_lt said:
I am replacing the interior trim piece on my bike. That is the piece that holds the speaker grills, trip computer, etc.

I am at the point in the manual that tells me to remove the piece, then disconnect the trip computer. Problem is, the cable to the trip computer is too short to let me remove the trim while still connected. To make matters worse, I can't get my fat fingers to the connector to disconnect it.

It looks like I will have to remove the top spoiler section just to reach the connector to disconnect the computer to remove the trim.

Anyone know a better way?

Thanks,

Jeff
There are two small openings, one on each side of the computer, to insert a thin tool or something to release the catches so the computer will slip out. Mine would come out far enough to release the cable from it's rear. It is just pushed back in until the catches re-engage for re-asseembly.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you David.

I guess I have a different version computer. There is no connector on my computer. Instead there is a pigtail that enters the computer box through an environmtental gasket. I have to get to the other end of the pigtail to disconnect it and cut its tie-wrap to remove the computer. Unfortunately, I think I have to remove the nose to get access.

Thanks again.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts