BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am getting the LT back on the road I have another question for you guys. I took out the radio and CD unit both in the glove box and the side compartment. There are three plugs under the left side of the stingray that the loom from the back of the CD unit plug into. I have remove these but thought what if a circuit runs through these that is for something else on the bike. Can i just remove this loom and leave these three plug vacant or should i leave the loom plugged into the big screw in connector and plug the three smaller plugs back into the stingray? Really need some help here!
Thanks,
Doug

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Yes you can leave them alone. One is for the front radio control set on the handle bar, one is the CD changer and the other is the front speakers. Nothing else runs through those.

By the way I snagged a lot of those great pictures you took tearing through your bike several years ago and have used them in posts to help others. It was a great resource, thanks.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! If you ever need any pics of the bike just let me know, I take many pic's of everything I do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts