BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am trying to remove the chrome piece that has the right foot peg and brake pedal attached. Need advice. Thanks

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Well what advice do you need?

You have the three main bolts and two Torque screws on the lower body panel above and below. The rear brake master cylinder is attached with the brake line so it won't move far. Do not pull on it or let it hang as it will put pressure on the line and you might get a leak. You can however turn it around and detach the rear master if needed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took out the allen blots and the small screw that you mentioned. I need to get it out of the way to get to the big nut that sets behind it. So I can just pull on it to get it away without unhooking anything?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish? What is the desired end-result?
Refill the tranny? :confused:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't pull too hard with the brake cylinder attached to it. there is some play, but not lots.

And be careful to note which way you turn it so you can bolt it back right-with the twist in the brake lines. Take pictures every step to remind yourself!

Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it. Just needed to get it away from the body panel. have it tied up out of the way. Am replacing the slave. Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
Make sure you have a high quality, heavy duty 14 mm socket for the pivot pins or you risk rounding them off.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
Just sayin I broke a snap on flank drive 1/2 socket. Just be careful and feel how it is going. I have had some come loose really easy but both times I went in on my bike I rounded off one of the pins. First time was a cheap impact socket, second one was the snapped snap on. I use a 1/2 inch breaker bar and a three foot section of thick walled aluminum tubing. Keep it straight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts