BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my trunk off when I take solo trips without my wife. And, since I use an Ipod I don't need my antenna. I know how to take it off. But what I want to do is take it and it's mounting bracket off. I know there is an inline antenna wire disconect. But, where is it?.... (probably under the front tupperware). I was hoping to be able to put it back on when I put the trunk on. I've gotten to where I can remove the trunk and put the Ft. Worth bracket on in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Offwego said:
I take my trunk off when I take solo trips without my wife. And, since I use an Ipod I don't need my antenna. I know how to take it off. But what I want to do is take it and it's mounting bracket off. I know there is an inline antenna wire disconect. But, where is it?.... (probably under the front tupperware). I was hoping to be able to put it back on when I put the trunk on. I've gotten to where I can remove the trunk and put the Ft. Worth bracket on in about 10 minutes.
If memory serves me correctly, the antenna wire runs up along the left side frame and connects near the stingray.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Under the radio antenna are I think 2-4 small screws. Undo these and you can disconnect the antenna there (cable slides into bottom of antenna). Then just remove the antenna and mount. Doesn't take long. Tie the antenna cable under the black cover below the trunk. Then it's there when you need it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just removed mine and installed a hidden antenna. The wire is routed along the left frame and the connection is near the stingray. You might consider installing an hidden antenna like I did and it would save you a lot of work later switching back and forth. They can be purchased for about $40 and mine works as well as the stock antenna.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,that's what I needed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steven,
Can you advise which type of hidden antenna you purchased/installed. I am looking for a replacement for the stock antenna on the LT.
Thanks - John Paparazzo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts