BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I remove the 6 cd changer - is there a fuse I need to pull and what have any of you done with the wiring?

thanks in advance

Scott

·
Registered
698 Posts
I did not remove any fuse.....not sure if there even was one. I wrapped the connector with electrical tape, then coiled the cable with a U-shaped conduit clamp which I then connected to wall of saddlebag. I will try to get a picture. Works fine for me.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
No fuse pulled when I removed mine from my 2002. I taped my wiring against the side wall of the side compartment with black duct tape so it is not visible without a deliberate search. The unit is surrounded by several pieces including the metal isolation case that comes out. Have a box handy to keep all the parts in one place. Very easy job.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Same as above except I pulled the cable back out through the hole in the side case, put tape over the connector, folded it up neatly, and zip tied it in a place outside the case and under the seat. Put black duct tape over both sides of the hole where the cable went through the case.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I would do this when the bike as already apart for other work. I pulled the harness from the saddlebag, plugged the hole with a rubber plug or a rubber gasket clamped between two fender washers (did this on multiple LT's), and then removed the entire CD changer harness, back up to its plug in the back of the radio.

What, me AR?? (and should there be periods after the A and the R??) :D:rotf:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts