BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there directions on the forum to remove the rear trunk? If so, can you point to the right area. I just did a search and could not find them (I swear they are here!)

Thanks.

Glenn

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
The liner must be removed first by pushing on two clips behind the latching hooks. Remove the winder strap on the side to, by unscrewing the clasp. Then remove the 4 bolts on the bottom and unplug two power cables. I think you also need to remove the passinger seat by unpluging the heat wiring cable and two screws on the bottom of the seat. ( all above from memory)

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Hardest part is removing the liner. Seems like I broke the 2 plastic retaining clips initially and that makes it slip out a little easier without making a difference. Takes about 15 minutes to remove.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Dan, do you have anything to fill the void left when you remove the trunk or do you leave it ugly?

Loren

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Dan, do you have anything to fill the void left when you remove the trunk or do you leave it ugly?

Loren
I have a rack that I bought from a member of this board for around $200. Four bolts and it's attached. Fills the space and looks good. Probably needed if you wish to carry anything there. Otherwise, as some have said, you can just leave if empty with the black plastic.

If BMW had been smart, the top case would have been "quick release" with the rack already there!

I do like to remove the top case from time to time and feel the difference! Like being with a new woman, but my wife allows it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts