BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a new AutoComm Super Pro AVI Duo kit and I was hoping to find a way to be able to quickly remove the boom microphone and plug it back in when I need it. Most of the time I ride solo so I really don't want that stick in my face and interfering with my HJC flip-front helmet.

I did use the search interface to see if this has come up before but I must not have used the right keywords, so I apologize if this has been discussed to death before.

I'm really looking for a way to plug the mic in when I need it, rather than futz around for 45 minutes when my wife and I go for a 30 minute ride...

Ideas?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Harold,
I think the mic on a boom is also a royal pain................. Just get the option with no boom. The mic stays in position on the chin guard and merely rides up with the visor/ chin guard and back down into position............. I can't imagine it being in your way at all?! Imo it is that misrable boom that screws up that type of mounting. See if you can put on someones flip-front helmet with the mic mounted "sans" boom and check it out. :bmw:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a possibility! The question then becomes an issue of routing the wires so that they will reach when the front is flipped up and yet not get pinched when it is swung back down.

I'll have to ponder this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
hbamford said:
I'm really looking for a way to plug the mic in when I need it, rather than futz around for 45 minutes when my wife and I go for a 30 minute ride...

Ideas?
I use the Autocom boom mic with my HJC Symax. When I want to remove the mic, I unsnap the cheek pad and pull the mic out. The mic is not secured, but stays put pretty well in the helmet. I have the older model Autocom, but looking at the Super Pro web page the mic appears to unplug from the rest of the helmet harness in the same way mine does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts