BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received as a gift at Christmas, a Helmet Guardian.
Manufacture had 2 locks on a bar that mounted to licence place frame ... YUCK !

On an LT with licence mounted on 2 screws onto a 2 screw mounted plastic mud flap, NOT very sercure at all !!

Took the locks off of plate, Located locks onto main rear center trunk fairing, Drilled a @ .155" pilot hole up top, then a 1/4" for primary screw, liberal use of RED loctite and WALA .... Locks mounted either side of mud flap and VERY secure with much cleaner lines. :D

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good information and I appreciate the pictures. I have been considering helmet lock attachments. Thanks for sharing
Charlie C

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
motorhead said:
I just received as a gift at Christmas, a Helmet Guardian.
Manufacture had 2 locks on a bar that mounted to licence place frame ... YUCK !

On an LT with licence mounted on 2 screws onto a 2 screw mounted plastic mud flap, NOT very sercure at all !!

Took the locks off of plate, Located locks onto main rear center trunk fairing, Drilled a @ .155" pilot hole up top, then a 1/4" for primary screw, liberal use of RED loctite and WALA .... Locks mounted either side of mud flap and VERY secure with much cleaner lines. :D

Scott
That does look very clean, but, like you, I'm hesitant to drill into the bodywork. Is it fairly easy to attach the helmets with the locks this close to the indentation in the rear fairing on each side?

Matt

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Voyager said:
That does look very clean, but, like you, I'm hesitant to drill into the bodywork. Is it fairly easy to attach the helmets with the locks this close to the indentation in the rear fairing on each side?

Matt
Very easy because you are only using the "D" ring of chin strap.
That said, clearance is not even an issue :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts