BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, problem with my remote control.

1. push button on clicker, lights blink twice, alarm is active..

2.push button on clicker,lights blink twice, one beep from under the rear seat,alarm still active.

3.push button on clicker,lights blink twice, alarm is active.

4. push button on clicker, lights blink once, alarm is disengaged.

Question is "Why is the alarm going through step two, and what is the beep under the rear seat? "

·
Registered
338 Posts
Now you know....why I never fool around with the darned thing. I figure, nobody would dare try to steal it anyways. :)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
13,780 Posts
Press it once to activate the alarm. Press it a second time to deactivate the motion sensor (beep under the seat). Press it again to reactivate the motion sensor.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jzeiler said:
Press it once to activate the alarm. Press it a second time to deactivate the motion sensor (beep under the seat). Press it again to reactivate the motion sensor.
John, the part that I don`t understand is that since I have purchased her, I`ve only had to push the clicker once to turn on, and once to turn on. Could it be that I accidently set to alarm to a different mode, possibly mode B or C ?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
13,780 Posts
The second and third presses only work within a few seconds of each other. Otherwise it is the normal operation.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There are actually two alarms, one is a motion sensor, the other is the disabler. You do have two seperate buttons, don't you?
Left button the activate, right button to de-activate, one click deactivates one and two clicks deactivates the other....at least that is what I think but I too get confused.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I don't use mine either. In fact I'm not real sure where my remote is at this time. Too complicated for me. LOL :bmw:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
lesn said:
There are actually two alarms, one is a motion sensor, the other is the disabler. You do have two seperate buttons, don't you?
Left button the activate, right button to de-activate, one click deactivates one and two clicks deactivates the other....at least that is what I think but I too get confused.
Now you'll confuse me and make me get out my "handbook". Because on my 2002 alarm remote I DO have two buttons. But I thought that I remembered the ridged one is the arm & disarm button and the smoot one is the "panic" button. :confused:

Ok I just checked. The smooth button is definitely the panic button and is a PITA to get to turn off!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Chris,
I stand corrected, I should have checked my self before I spoke. As you can see I am confused about it and maybe the reason why I don't use it. I think when I did, I would disarm one function and not the other than in panic I'd keep pushing them untill the bike stopped shrieking. Sorry about that !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jzeiler said:
The second and third presses only work within a few seconds of each other. Otherwise it is the normal operation.
John, thanks again for your help. I went and tried my remote counting to 5 or so between clicks, and it works as I've always known it to. Last question; What is advantage of turning off and on the immobilizer ?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Lesn: I went down in the garage and tried it. I fogot I had to push BOTH buttons to get to stop screeching in panic mode. I came back upstairs to my wife's question of "Why did you do that?"

Tenrocky: One is the motion sensor that obviously sounds the alarm if moved and the immobilizer does just that, prevents the motorcycle from even starting.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Turn off (disable) the damned immobiliser !!! Why ? Well, you will eventually get into a position where the immobiliser picks up radio interference and you will get no engine cranking and you will be very frustrated and may even use colourful language. Ask me how I know ? It was on my maiden voyage home, at a fuel station under a canopy with electronic balasts in the lighting and I was cutting it fine the make the ferry to Tasmania. BMW roadside assist, last possible fault she read out "move the motorcycle to a different location", as soon as she said it I knew what she was on about. Disable that immobiliser !! Who's gunna steal a K12 without the key ???????

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
13,780 Posts
tenrocky said:
John, thanks again for your help. I went and tried my remote counting to 5 or so between clicks, and it works as I've always known it to. Last question; What is advantage of turning off and on the immobilizer ?
Did you mean the motion sensor or the engine killing immobilizer? +1 on what Dennis said on that topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts