BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the box checked to remember my password, but when I go to the login page, the password line is blank. I have Firefox set up to allow (remember) passwords. Normally I stay logged in, but I sign off in the morning before going to work, and sign off at work before going home. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hey Mike, as a quick test, try this to see if anything is changing:

Before you log out go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy

Click the + (plus) sign next to Saved Passwords then "View Saved Passwords" and see if the site is listed there.

Log out and check again - based on that, we can go from there.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich,
Under the "viewed passwords" is listed both bmwlt.com and bmwlt.net. When I select view the passwords, the password is not listed next to the "com" site, but is listed next to the "net" site. I than logged out and found the same results. This is happening on both my work and home pc's.
Thank you,

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich,
I also tried removing the bmwlt.net from the password manager and re-loging into the site. The same results, the site is listed with no password.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info - let me play around. To be honest, I've never used remember passwords - most of the time I use my laptop and if it got stolen...

I need to figure out a few settings to "reset" things and I'll see if I can replicate :).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where's the Menu

varoom said:
Hey Mike, as a quick test, try this to see if anything is changing:

Before you log out go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy

Click the + (plus) sign next to Saved Passwords then "View Saved Passwords" and see if the site is listed there.

Log out and check again - based on that, we can go from there.

I have the same problem...not remembering user name or password.
Where is the 'Tools ->Options -> Privacy' menu?

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To date I have found a easy fix...Don't log out! I am trying it this week with both my work and home pc's, so far I am not having any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts