BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's now official, if anyone cares. We have now spent the first night in our apartment in TN!
We won't be leaving CT just yet, tho. We need to get thru my son's wedding in early May, and we have no place to live in CT after May 14, so we'll be down there before then. We can't wait!!!!

Gilda is running around like a new bride, having a ball buying EVERYTHING needed for a couple, since we are bringing little more than our clothes to TN!

Can you say, "OUTLET SHOPPING"!!

So, it won't be long now till we're in the Central East Forum, instead of the North East. No reason for the Northeast to celebrate yet, tho! We'll be back and forth quite a bit for some time to come.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Well, ya beat me there Jay! The real estate market here in SoCal is really stagnant now, don't know when I will be able to start thinking about moving again. Home is still on the market, but traffic is a fraction of what it was when we started this.:(

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
jayz9705 said:
It's now official, if anyone cares. We have now spent the first night in our apartment in TN!
We won't be leaving CT just yet, tho. We need to get thru my son's wedding in early May, and we have no place to live in CT after May 14, so we'll be down there before then. We can't wait!!!!

Gilda is running around like a new bride, having a ball buying EVERYTHING needed for a couple, since we are bringing little more than our clothes to TN!

Can you say, "OUTLET SHOPPING"!!

So, it won't be long now till we're in the Central East Forum, instead of the North East. No reason for the Northeast to celebrate yet, tho! We'll be back and forth quite a bit for some time to come.
Jay, glad ya'll here and you will be in The South East forum, but near the Central East Forum lines..
Welcome to Tennessee, remember when you greet someone "hawyormomanall" (how is your moma and all).:D

Tell Gilda any color is ok for my guest room :)

See you at Spring Training Camp if not before...

Give Gilda a hug for me..

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Welcome to the SE Forum. Now you're gonna' have to start speaking like us now! LOL

Learn to say y'all, youn's, over yonder, may I have a refill on my sweet tea, pass the grits please; things like that!

Where in Tennessee?

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
Welcome to the SE Forum. Now you're gonna' have to start speaking like us now! LOL

Learn to say y'all, youn's, over yonder, may I have a refill on my sweet tea, pass the grits please; things like that!

Where in Tennessee?
and "fixin", as in "I'm fixin to go to work."

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ricky, I guess you already know I didn't get involved with the snowball fight at the track!
Maybe next year!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
David, I just barely got out of my house in CT last November. Not much was selling over the winter, but there looks to be some activity now.

I wish I were already fully moved, but that won't happen till mid May (sigh)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pkpr1998 said:

Where in Tennessee?
I gots no problem with anything there, 'ceptn the sweet tea. Dang doctor says no sugar, so's I gits UNsweet tea!

We'll be set'n in Johnson City for a spell, then be fixin' to build over yonder in Jonesborough. Cain't wait!!

See y'all at SYC?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
Dave left one out:

Dimention

As in; Dimention how much fun you gona have in the South East?

Welcome to the area.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Jay, the North East cares about your retirement and departure from Yankee Land. You the man that keeps us logging on to see what's up!! We wish you and Gilda the best in your new territory. See you at CCR if we don't catch you on this end. Barnett and Wilma

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DaveDragon said:
Welcome to the South East Forum!
A very active group of clowns I mean Riders

You will have to learn the dialect to communicate effectively.

1st Rule of thumb: Never use more words than you actually need.
2nd Rule of thumb: Actual words are rarely needed.

For instance:
Word Usage_____Meaning
Youonttoo________Do you wan't to?
Manase__________Man theys a lot bikes on the Gap today.
Ahight___________Alright
Geetyet__________Did you eat yet?
Naw_____________No

A sample conversation:
Billy Bob: Geetyet
Bubba: Naw
Billy Bob: Youonttoo
Bubba: Ahight
Credit:Jeff Foxworthy

Dave, John, those all were the easy ones!!!

How'sy'allmommanall

Now that was a hard one to git rhite!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey Jay

You watch it there in eastern TN. Thats not the south, thats Hillbilly country, different thing entirely - I been done told that. Before Chrissy I rode from Boone thru to JC on the 321 - a great ride but pretty scarey at dusk - the last action in the area was filming Deliverance.

A great ride north of JC is the 91/133 to Backbone Rock in Cherokee NF. Parts of that'll work the q offa ya.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rmg08057 said:
Hey Jay

You watch it there in eastern TN. Thats not the south, thats Hillbilly country, different thing entirely - I been done told that. Before Chrissy I rode from Boone thru to JC on the 321 - a great ride but pretty scarey at dusk - the last action in the area was filming Deliverance.

A great ride north of JC is the 91/133 to Backbone Rock in Cherokee NF. Parts of that'll work the q offa ya.

I been over the 321 several times. It gets better each time! A friends son used to live in Boone, so we went riding together quite a bit. Almost any road is good anywhere along the Blue Ridge, especially if it goes up and down from the ridge, instead of along it!

I haven't had a chance to do the 91/133, yet, but that's one reason we're moving down there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts