BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a big shock yesterday when I tried to get on this site using my favorites list and wound up on catfancy.org! I thought it was either a hijack of the LT site by hackers or that my computer had been infected with some sort of spyware, but in fact it does exist and is real. No offense to those who own it and participate in it, but I was very surprised to be directed there automatically. I wonder if this has happened to others on this forum. Thanks to Raffy at motogear4you, who replied to my e-mail, I was able to get back here. What a relief!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
neodoc said:
Had a big shock yesterday when I tried to get on this site using my favorites list and wound up on catfancy.org! I thought it was either a hijack of the LT site by hackers or that my computer had been infected with some sort of spyware, but in fact it does exist and is real. No offense to those who own it and participate in it, but I was very surprised to be directed there automatically. I wonder if this has happened to others on this forum. Thanks to Raffy at motogear4you, who replied to my e-mail, I was able to get back here. What a relief!
Hi, Joe -

In addition to the various K1200LT forums, and the K-Bike outfit, as well as the Ducati forums, I think Andy has his fingers on the pulse of several webforums that the server hosts. The cat thang is one of his latest, since he is a fancier of the Maine Coon breed of felines. In doing all that bangin' around last week or so, I imagine part of the process involved clearing out some cobwebs and making sure URLs were aligned with the planets and the global warming wuz on sync with the prognostications. It'll all get restructured in due time and should be better for the hiccups and temporary glitches. Thanks for bearing with the folks, and not dashing your computer against the wall in a fit of dispair!!! ;) :D :D And I'm glad Raffy helped ya out; he's one of the many folks around here who help keep this mosheen well oiled and tickin'!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
What I don't understand is why all you folks didn't make a change to your bookmarks when the site changed on October 1, 2005. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Steve_R said:
What I don't understand is why all you folks didn't make a change to your bookmarks when the site changed on October 1, 2005. :confused:
Change your bookmark now, and while you are at let know your appreciation by clicking Here! ;)

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Please explain to me why you quoted me when you made your post. It has nothing to do with my post.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I read it as a reinforcement of your message... for what its worth...

Just saw your post re troubles too, that would scramble the thinking process a tad ;-)

have a smiley... :)
cheers

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Steve_R said:
Please explain to me why you quoted me when you made your post. It has nothing to do with my post.
Hey Steve, Chris explained it perfectly!;) And I eat my own dog food, having changed my bookmark way back when, and also being a supporter of this site!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts