BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a regular Gas Cap will fit the k1200lt?
I've a 2000 and wondered about swapping it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
847 Posts
If its because of lock cap thats on it now that you want switch it out for you can make that cap that you do not have to use the key

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've seen the mod.
I'd rather just have a regular cap on it, without a lock.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Most of them are pretty much the same these days as the car caps all have to be tested for emissions so there are only a couple test plugs. One of them would have to fit as long as it wasn't too tall.

Try your car cap and see if it threads in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea... thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope... Regular vehicle caps don't fit!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Yeah, I've seen the mod.
I'd rather just have a regular cap on it, without a lock.
If you go to the Technical file area you will find a document that shows you how to disable the lock, no key required.

HTH :wave

Reactions: zamfield

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you go to the Technical file area you will find a document that shows you how to disable the lock, no key required.

HTH :wave
Are you aware of any other places to get that information? For some reason, there are no posts in the Technical File area.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Are you aware of any other places to get that information? For some reason, there are no posts in the Technical File area.
Strange, I did not look before directing you there. I'll try to attach the pdf to this message.

I just looked seems to be there for me?? You need to go to the right top and select tools, the technical, then files.

HTH

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts