BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While talking to CCCpastorJack about his brake issues, it was obvious how a GS-911 would help him. However, he doesn't own one and I live half way across the country from him.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a registry of GS-911 owners (and their locations) that would be willing to help other forum members out. A little help from the moderators in organizing this info into an easy to find/navigate list would also be nice.

If you own a GS-911 and are willing to help others, please add your name and location to this list. I will start with my own name. Hopefully, others will add theirs.

Name Location
==========================
Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Dean_BMW said:
While talking to CCCpastorJack about his brake issues, it was obvious how a GS-911 would help him. However, he doesn't own one and I live half way across the country from him.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a registry of GS-911 owners (and their locations) that would be willing to help other forum members out. A little help from the moderators in organizing this info into an easy to find/navigate list would also be nice.

If you own a GS-911 and are willing to help others, please add your name and location to this list. I will start with my own name. Hopefully, others will add theirs.

Name Location
Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
jeffklt Myrtle Beach SC

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jwd98056 said:
Absolutely, I have one.
Good Deal.. added you to the list.

Name/Location
Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
jeffklt Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056 Renton, WA

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
I have one also but the software does not "talk" to the ABS II system yet just the Integral. They are "in work" developing it for the next release (they have the button now but it is greyed out). Good idea for the registry.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jzeiler said:
I have one also but the software does not "talk" to the ABS II system yet just the Integral. They are "in work" developing it for the next release (they have the button now but it is greyed out). Good idea for the registry.
Great.... the list is growing a bit.

Name/Location

Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
jeffklt Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056 Renton, WA
jzeiler Hazel Green, AL

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Surely there is more than 4 people in the entire US that own a GS-911 that would be willing to help.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2002redrider said:
Pardone my ignorance, but what is a GS-911?

What does it do?
GS-911 is a unique software and hardware combination that allows the BMW enthusiast the ability to communicate with the control modules in a safe and controlled manner. In the true spirit of adventure associated with these motorcycles, the tool is also available with a Bluetooth interface, allowing you to use it with most modern mobile phones... no need for anything else...

What models does it cover?
The GS-911 tool is designed specifically with the GS range of motorcycles in mind. This however inherently means that it also works on most other 1150, 1200 and C1 models. Currently it officially supports the following:
- R1200GS Adventure, R1200GS HP2, R1200GS
- R1150 Adventure (single and twin spark), R1150 (single and twin spark)
- F650GS/Dakar (single and twin spark) and F650CS
- C1 and C1-200

We have also recently added support for:
- R1200R, R1200RT, R1200S, R1200ST, R1200GS MegaMoto
- R1100S
- K1200GT, K1200R, K1200R Sport, K1200S
- K1200LT, K1200RS, K1200GT (non-CAN)

For the latest update, look at the FunctionChart on their web site.

What systems does it work on?
- Engine Controllers (BMSK, BMS-C, BMS-CII, MA2.4)
- ABS (ABSN, ABS3CAN, ABS-II pending...)
- Central Vehicle Electronics (ZFE)
- Instrument Cluster (Kombi)

What functionality do you have on these systems?
- Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- This shows the Fault codes and text descriptions of the faults stored on the Electronic Control Unit.
- Shows ECU information
- See hardware and software versions, manufacturing dates, and other manufacturer related data.
- Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Enables you to erase fault codes once the problem has been fixed.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Add me soon.

I've got one on order!!

B

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hi Dean,

you can add a couple of units in Finland as well, just in case one of you guys end up needing help in this corner of the globe.;)

Seriously, I currently collecting a group of Finnish BMW-riders who would be interested in this unit and I am wondering if there was a group purchase thing going on and if it still is valid.

I have written directly to the manufacturer in South Africa and I am expecting a reply after this weekend and I suppose they will know about the group purchase anyway.

Regards

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok.... here is the list I have so far....

Name/Location
Dean_BWM, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
pozo_izquierdom, Hyvinkää, Finland

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok... I am shamelessly bumping this thread because I believe that there surely must be more than 6 people out there that own a GS-911 that would be willing to help the community.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Dean is the only shipping option the $55 fedex ?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BamaLT said:
Dean is the only shipping option the $55 fedex ?
Actually, you can arrange for any shipper you want to pick it up at their facility, but if they ship it... it will be 55 bucks.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts