BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to register a new key fob for my 04 K1200LT (only came with one when I bought it used). I have the alarm pin code and I did manage to figure out how to reprogram the alarm so I don't need the key fob by following the other posts on this board but registering the key fob has been giving me fits. The alarm seems to operate normally with the key fob and it reprogrammed fine. I found a post that relates to an 05 K1200lt for registering the fob - not sure if it is the same procedure on the 04. I turn on ignition, wait for 5 sec then turn off/on 3 times within 4 seconds. I get no confirmation beep or flash from the LED. When I turn the ignition off within 15 seconds, the alarm LED does nothing so I can't enter the code. Is there something else I need to be doing with the 04? It never came with the alarm book and when I tried to order one the dealer said BMW stopped making it for the 2004. Right now, I don't need the fob as the alarm is set for manual operation but I'm afraid one day I will need if the system resets back to default and I want to have a spare. Anyone got some advice?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have an '05 K1200LT manual if that helps. You may have to reprogram it if you ever disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Success! Called a local dealer and they said the 04 had the same alarm as late 02 - 03. He gave me the instructions and in 5 min I had my keyfobs registered and my alarm reprogrammed.

·
Registered
510 Posts
So we are clear; What were the Dealer instructions, so I can file in the event of?

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

kmoenck said:
Success! Called a local dealer and they said the 04 had the same alarm as late 02 - 03. He gave me the instructions and in 5 min I had my keyfobs registered and my alarm reprogrammed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I stuck the files up here Vehicles

Use the keyfob.jpg file to identify yourself. Skip the first page on remote.jpg (it is for another year of bike) but use the last page to add the remote.

Enjoy :cool:

Can you please re-share the files? The link above no longer works....TY

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
This is poor quality but the best I have. You must have the 5 digit code for your alarm to do this.

This is how you do it for 05 and up might give it a try.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts