BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious. If I were to purchase a bike trailer from some one in Michigan, what would be the most economical way to get it to Oregon? I really do not want to ride to Michigan and bring it home, only to redo the trip for the national rally in Pa this summer. I could get it on the way there but would no have it for hauling my gear on the way.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Larry, I work for big brown. We have a division, Autogistics that will arrange for pick up and delivery. They can be reached by dialing 866-435-2281. Just stay on the line and your call will be put through to a lovely and talented agent that can assist.
They ship cars, boats, motorcycles, and trailers. I have no idea as to the cost. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
What about shipping your gear to where the trailer is, pick up the trailer on your way, then go get your gear? Maybe, if you're buying it from a private party, or even a dealer, they're let you ship your gear there. Might be cheaper.

·
Registered
270 Posts
lkniess said:
I am curious. If I were to purchase a bike trailer from some one in Michigan, what would be the most economical way to get it to Oregon? I really do not want to ride to Michigan and bring it home, only to redo the trip for the national rally in Pa this summer. I could get it on the way there but would no have it for hauling my gear on the way.

Any suggestions?

Ship your excess gear to where the trailer is, ride there then load up and head out....Kieth

·
Registered
607 Posts
If your current tow vehicle is a truck, drive to Michigan with your moto in the bed. Unload theh truck, load the trailer, and continue to PA.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ship your gear to PA.

Then pick up trailer on way to PA, then you can haul it all home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts