BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, where do you guys meet? Ted mentioned it but being the idiot that I am I quickly forgot. A mind is a terrible thing to waste! Second, after reading the threads it looks like you guys move around for dinner a lot. If you're looking for a place, ever try Moore's River Boat, in the Delta.....about 40mins from Sac, or longer depending on how you want to get there...quick return if you want to jump on HW 5 or better yet take the scenic river route......you can check the place out on the web by running up the name.......Frankmc

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
Frank,
We decide where we are going to have dinner here on the forum, under the Northern California thread. Just look for a title of hddc and the current date. Usually nothing is decided until the last minute.

We have been doing this for over 4 years now, but I don't know if we have ever been to Moore's. Roger is the "keeper of the list," have we gone there Roger?

Personally the last two times I have dined there it has been pretty bad food and service, hopefully that has changed.

The pre-dinner meeting point for the ride is usually posted on the forum also.

So come on out to a dinner, attend two dinners and you're an official member, which bestows upon you absolutely nothing! :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info

Haven't been to the River Boat for a while so I can't vouch for the food. Used to be OK when I kept the boat but that's been awhile.....sounds like you're more up to date than I...as for gaining nothing, I'm pretty well used to that and it's about what my value is!..Frankmc

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Hal, ever been to a place called the Rusty Porthole on Bethel Island? Not open on Wed but I have had some thoughts of checking it out on a Sunday evening dinner ride.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Bethel Island

Haven't been there in a couple of years but the Rusty Porthole used to be OK. Another place is the Sugar Barge on Bethel Island. Nice spot for a drink, it looks out over Frank's Tract. I was there for lunch last week. Food was OK......frankmc

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
LodiHal said:
Frank,
We decide where we are going to have dinner here on the forum, under the Northern California thread. Just look for a title of hddc and the current date. Usually nothing is decided until the last minute.

We have been doing this for over 4 years now, but I don't know if we have ever been to Moore's. Roger is the "keeper of the list," have we gone there Roger?

Personally the last two times I have dined there it has been pretty bad food and service, hopefully that has changed.

The pre-dinner meeting point for the ride is usually posted on the forum also.

So come on out to a dinner, attend two dinners and you're an official member, which bestows upon you absolutely nothing! :D
We haven't been there. Any place named Moore's can't be all that good.:p:)

It is Monday already. Perfectly acceptable to start the "where to go" dialogue. Someplace near A&S would be ok. Lots of places N/E of there. Lincoln, Roseville, Rocklin. Near Dells place maybe?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tallyho said:
Hal, ever been to a place called the Rusty Porthole on Bethel Island? Not open on Wed but I have had some thoughts of checking it out on a Sunday evening dinner ride.
I'd be there for that one...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts