BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my '01 LT for about 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Only got 14K kms ( Canadian bike ) and still smells like new.

One thing I notice is that the red warning flasher button always stays lit once the engine has started and only goes out when the bike's turned off. :confused:

When you press the button, everything works OK ... but that darn button stays on whether the lights flash or not. :mad:

This seems peculiar and as far as I can tell, that is not normal. I realize it's not a big deal, but small problems can quickly turn into big ones if ignored. :eek:

Can anybody tell me what theirs does ?

Appreciate some feedback !

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
normal

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Big_E said:
Agreed. The four-way emergency flasher botton is always lighted when the ignition is on -- so you can find it when you need it in the dark. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flasher button on

Thank You Guys !

Makes Sense ... My Last Bike Was A 1100lt And It Didn't Do That.

Great To Have Found This Forum. I Can't Stop Reading ... And Learning. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
A little way after the original question....I have the same problem but the Rider's Manual clearly says..."telltale light in switch goes out" when the hazard light switch is turned off...any thoughts anywhere? Is it really "normal"? Or do I wait until it burns out! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
beerbiker21 said:
A little way after the original question....I have the same problem but the Rider's Manual clearly says..."telltale light in switch goes out" when the hazard light switch is turned off...any thoughts anywhere? Is it really "normal"? Or do I wait until it burns out! :D
I'm not sure what the thinking is, are you suggesting the flashers stay on untill the battery goes dead? Or is there another question here?. I dont belive any hazard lights or reg lights will go off if key is left in left position.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nothing to do with key or battery...according to the RM when you switch off the hazard switch a) the hazard lights stop flashing and b) the tell tale light in the switch goes out...or in this case it doesn't...why not?...That is the question! It only goes out when the ignition (main key) is switched off and then on again when the key is switched on regardless of whether you operate the hazard switch itself. i.e. it's on all the time....it simply cannot be to"see" at night...anyhow Bavarians would not think like that because it's a waste of electrici :bmw: ty!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,939 Posts
That is the way it is on my 05 as well. Just never gave it any mind. I'll see what the owners book says when I get back home. But I think it is on all the time to assist in finding it at night. You get a clear indication on the dash anytime it is turned on.

Another trick I use when I need the four ways on for a warning to traffic behind me is I just press and hold both turn signal switches for a few seconds and then hit the clear switch. Quick and easy way to add the yellow flashers to your panic stop.

·
Registered
408 Posts
frankl said:
I've only had my '01 LT for about 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Only got 14K kms ( Canadian bike ) and still smells like new.

One thing I notice is that the red warning flasher button always stays lit once the engine has started and only goes out when the bike's turned off. :confused:

When you press the button, everything works OK ... but that darn button stays on whether the lights flash or not. :mad:

This seems peculiar and as far as I can tell, that is not normal. I realize it's not a big deal, but small problems can quickly turn into big ones if ignored. :eek:

Can anybody tell me what theirs does ?

Appreciate some feedback !
Welcome to the LT world!!! Glad to see another Ontario LT owner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts