BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 LT and over the past 2 days one of the red lights on the dash keeps intermittently blinking. I've checked all the levels and they seem good. What is this light for? It is on the right side of the dash above the Trip reset button. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
That light is the Anti-theft alarm light. When is it blinking, all the time, only when parked ignition off, after you use the FOB to lock it up?

Look in your Supplementary Riders Manual for details on operation. I don't have my manual with me but will try to look it up later tonight.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is actually blinking while I am riding. I have been using the FOB the last few days.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,906 Posts
It blinks a message (in the alarm manual) to let you know what happened the last time you set the alarm. Most likely it was the shock sensor tripped. It should clear out with a full alarm set and unset ( chirps, not jut the "lock" function ).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jzeiler said:
It blinks a message (in the alarm manual) to let you know what happened the last time you set the alarm. Most likely it was the shock sensor tripped. It should clear out with a full alarm set and unset ( chirps, not jut the "lock" function ).
That must have been it exactly. I rode around for a couple of hours to "check it out" and it never blinked again. whew. Thanks so much. I hardly ever lock the bike and set the alarm, but I have been having to park in a lot I am not familiar with and decided to give it a shot. I feel so much better now cause BMW is surely proud of repairing these babies! :dance:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
This may also the sign of a fob battery in need of replacement. I had that happened to me a couple of years ago and I was unable to unlock the oddment box to retrieve my house keys...
A quick trip to the store to get a new battery and I was back in business... and into my house! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts