BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations on where I can find a good cover for the LT? been searching and not finding much.

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use an Ultra guard half cover for my LT. I think it is called an classic half cover? I don't remember the exact name or where I got it. Just covers the top half of the bike so I don't have to worry about hot exhausts etc. Great for rallies etc to keep the sun and dew off of your bike/seat. Thin it was fairly inexpensive too.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank ya Gent's much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Try Geza Gear.

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wile traveling, I use the Ultragard 1/2 cover too. I removed the hooks and replaced with light weight rope and loops to attach over foot pegs. My buddy has a GW and tried on the LT, fit great, packs small with carrying pouch. Came from Motorcycle Superstore.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It depends on what you want the cover for. Just to cover the bike up at work of for traveling. I have just a cheap cover from Menards that I use to cover the bike up at work so the sun doesn't beat it to death. It doesn't pack down very small for traveling so I also have a half cover that I can use for touring.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Geza makes a great cover but is expensive.
I had a Dowco cover for a few years as well.

My current cover- 5 year old $35 no frills cover from Wally World! Works well enough to keep the dew off the bike in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I did a lot of research a few months back to find the ideal cover that I wanted for taking cross country. The cover had to be light weight, cover my entire 2007 LT, and pack very small. Most full size covers are big, bulky, and heavy. I finally settled on the Aerostich extra large cover. It folds up into an attached pocket so you don't need to lug around a case foe it and it is almost perfectly made for the shape of the bike. Two issues - it is expensive (around $154, and you need to remove and stow the antenna. I am very pleased with it and look forward taking it cross country this summer. Good lick on your search for one meeting your needs!

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I did a lot of research a few months back to find the ideal cover that I wanted for taking cross country. The cover had to be light weight, cover my entire 2007 LT, and pack very small. Most full size covers are big, bulky, and heavy. I finally settled on the Aerostich extra large cover. It folds up into an attached pocket so you don't need to lug around a case foe it and it is almost perfectly made for the shape of the bike. Two issues - it is expensive (around $154, and you need to remove and stow the antenna. I am very pleased with it and look forward taking it cross country this summer. Good luck on your search for one meeting your needs!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Kra, I have a Beverly Bay Slivermax exlarge full cover It did the job for motel stays. (like New) Bike now has wider gurth and it won't fit, If you are interested please pm

Dennis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts