BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have had it on the charger after not riding it for more than 3 weeks.....I know, I know...cut the abuse.

Anyway, its been on the charger for about 9 hours. All the lights come on but nothing when I hit the starter. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all checked

its on the center stand, alarm seems to be off, windscreen moves up and down just fine. Beats the hell out of me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check your kill switch, I know right in front of you.

Spray some WD-40 on side stand microswitch. They stick sometimes.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If you have a newer bike or have upgraded your starter relay it won't try to start if the voltage is low. Check your battery to make sure it's 12 Volts or better.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Same thing happened to me. had to use the standard car charger for a bit. The trickle charger did not work when the battery was really low.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its now running

just took a damn long time, but I probably need to take the battery out and put it on a true battery charger for a few hours. Sheesh.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Chris is right, if the battery gets below a certain point only the standard charger will get it up again..............
Was the battery out of the bike ? If so check battery connections for tight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Battery

This was a case of not riding for more than three weeks, mostly because the temps have still been 105 at 9pm. Couple that with the bike sitting in the garage where the temps are a helluva lot more than 105, not using a battery tender, and it spells NO START.

A trickle charger will work I guess....if you have the time. All is OK in GSD Land now.

BTW, I have been told that with the new gel batteries you can't dry them out through over charging. Anyone heard anything different?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts