BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the following e-mail this afternoon from BMW, looks like they've been waiting for the pre-sale program to close out before starting to send out any updates:

Dear K 1600 Pre-Sale Riders,

Please accept our thanks and our congratulations on joining the select group of riders who will be first to own the new K 1600 GT or K 1600 GTL in the United States. Your enthusiasm has so far outstripped expectations that we’ve had to end the pre-sale program a month early, at midnight last night.

In this fashion we can ensure that there will be some motorcycles left for the general riding public later in the year after all pre-sale bikes are delivered. Even then, demand is likely to be exceedingly high – so again, congratulations!

Updates

Over the next several weeks and months before the pre-sale motorcycles arrive in the U.S. we will provide updates (email and regular mail) on production status, press releases, design studies, technical information and videos normally provided to the press or dealers but not to the general public. We’ll provide details on the communications systems and other options and accessories, and finally, gifts expressly created for pre-sale riders.

Of course, the first thing you want to know is when your bikes will arrive this spring or summer. We don’t yet have an exact delivery date; but when we have definitive information we’ll contact you all immediately.

South Africa Press Launch

The press launch for the K 1600 GT/GTL is just completed in South Africa, where moto-journalists from all over the world congregated to ride this model for the first time.

The British paper MCN-UK has already created a video review; every other word is "incredible" and the bikes are called a bargain… but you already know that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l96hsKvDW7w

Closer to home, Cycle World’s Mark Hoyer says “I’ll go on record right now about the 1649cc inline-six: It’s one of the greatest production motorcycle engines ever made.”

http://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle_roadtest/first_rides_articles/11q1/bmw_k1600gt_and_k1600gtl_-_first_ride

Press Releases from Intermot

Attached for your additional reading pleasure are the original press releases for this model from the first reveal of the K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL at the Cologne motorcycle show (Intermot) last October. The longer document is provided only to press; the other two are more topical pieces sent to BMW’s international subsidiaries and importers and from them sent to dealers.

You’ll receive a hard copy of all of these in a few days with some other materials … the first of several packages to help temper your impatience!

Questions & Comments

When you have questions specifically related to your bike or your order, or if you have a change of address or email, please contact our K 1600 Pre-Sale Assistant, Jane Schluter at [email protected].

For questions or comments that have more general interest please “friend” us and post at http://www.facebook.com/BMWTouringUSA where we will also be placing the most up-to-date news.

Thank you again from BMW Motorrad USA for your early commitment to these amazing new machines.

Best wishes and ride safe,

Laurence Kuykendall

Community & Communications Manager

BMW Motorrad USA

Looking forward to see what next week brings!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got mine today and I'am happy. I was worrying since I still have not from Jane.
Wow we get free gifts too. Sweet :dance: :bmw: Waiting on my Silver GTL

·
Registered
364 Posts
Got mine yesterday as well. I wouldn't call it news worthy. After I read it I didn't know anything more than what I didn't know before.

If they want to give an update, let them give us a date.
Ken

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nothing new just vague information. But atleast BMW is acknowledging us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am desperate for confirmation of my order. I placed my order on Feb 26, and have not heard anything as of yet. (guess I am not what you would call patient) Dying to get at least email confirmation or something. Who else is in the same boat? Never bought any vehicle site unseen so I am wanting to hear something.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Jay963 said:
I am desperate for confirmation of my order. I placed my order on Feb 26, and have not heard anything as of yet. (guess I am not what you would call patient) Dying to get at least email confirmation or something. Who else is in the same boat?
I submitted pre-sale paperwork on December 18th (the first day to do so was Dec 17th) and while I rcvd my confirmation phone call from Jane, I have yet to rcv any official email or mail confirmation from BMW.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd check to see that the email address was correctly filled out on the paperwork. Did you save the copy of the fax'd form? I've received a number of emails.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Jay963 said:
I am desperate for confirmation of my order. I placed my order on Feb 26, and have not heard anything as of yet. (guess I am not what you would call patient) Dying to get at least email confirmation or something. Who else is in the same boat? Never bought any vehicle site unseen so I am wanting to hear something.
You are not alone. My order went in on the same day and I haven't heard anything either. I'm patient and trust my dealer but I did send them a note just to let them know about it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I placed my order Dec 17th and it took until January 5th to recieve my phone call from Jane. If it takes her about 15 minutes per phone call plus the time it takes to contact the dealer and due the paperwork. I would guess that she can do about 50 calls per week.

·
Registered
519 Posts
cbdane said:
I'd check to see that the email address was correctly filled out on the paperwork. Did you save the copy of the fax'd form? I've received a number of emails.
Yes, I have a copy of the fax form - the dealer's handwriting wasn't all that great, so I asked him to make sure BMW had it correct. I did get a call from Jane a couple months back, so I'm hoping it was just a matter that they had my order, but the email wasn't entered correctly.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Jay963 said:
Placed my pre-order in July 2010 with my deposit. Back then very little was known about the bike. I have an expected delivery date of April 18-26, 2011 from my dealer. Can't wait.

Garry

·
Registered
519 Posts
garry_kramer said:
Placed my pre-order in July 2010 with my deposit. Back then very little was known about the bike. I have an expected delivery date of April 18-26, 2011 from my dealer. Can't wait.

Garry
Ugh. Now I'm starting to get p.o.'d at my dealer. I put a deposit with my dealer back in Juluy as well. Pre-order paperwork was submitted the 2nd day that BMW was accepting them (only because I talked to the BMW rep at the Long Beach show). I could use the bike now, as it is PERFECT weather here in AZ to ride.

With that said, I'm really happy for you and that we are starting to see some word as to delivery dates!!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
garry_kramer said:
I have an expected delivery date of April 18-26, 2011 from my dealer. Can't wait.
?? Surprised to hear that -- I understand the U.S. dealer intro is in north Georgia at the end of April, and that bikes will start showing up a couple weeks after that: i.e., early/mid-May for the very first of the bikes.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I doubt that anyone will be getting a bike before the dealer intro trip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Spoke with the dealer yesterday, said my manufacture date was March 14 but the estimated delivery date here New Brunswick is not till mid May. I guess they have to wait to fill up sea containers. Seems like a long delay.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
mneblett said:
?? Surprised to hear that -- I understand the U.S. dealer intro is in north Georgia at the end of April, and that bikes will start showing up a couple weeks after that: i.e., early/mid-May for the very first of the bikes.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I doubt that anyone will be getting a bike before the dealer intro trip.
I guess the extra $3000 that we pay is to make sure we get our bikes first?????

Garry

·
Registered
530 Posts
I spoke with my dealer today. My salesman talked to Jane this week and she said that they are a little overwelmed with the amount of orders for the GT and GTL. If you have not yet recieved your call she will get around to it as soon as possible. No new information came from his call. We just have to be patient.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just received an Email that the bikes arrived, the shop will be open even on this Sunday from 9 till 6, so we will have a look. :) :)

BTW in al the German bike magazines there was this little BMW booklet
RAUF der BMW motorad saisonstart. 19. marz 2011

So they Kept there promise.

As far I know also here in the Netherlands the bikes just arrived.

Hans

1 - 20 of 21 Posts