BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to get a new spring for the shock on my 03 K1200LT and have it rebuilt. Not in a position to spend $1500 on a new aftermarket one since my input shaft bearing just went and already spent too much rebuilding the gearbox and changing the clutch. I already have a Hyper-Pro spring that just arrived today and should have my gear shafts with new bearings pressed on for full re-assembly by Friday. So I am looking for suggestions on the fastest, most effective way to have this done in a weeks time.

After a ton of calling around I was able to find a guy who can rebuild my OEM shock locally, but he wants $250-$300 for the rebuild, oil, gas seals, having it drilled at a machine shop (7-10 days usually) to tap a gas inlet or something. Plus it is $200 more if I want the re-valve with some fancy top of the line gold valve kit. It has 73,000 miles and probably has to be re-valved anyways right? Problem here is I want my bike back together by the 4th of July even if I have to pay for "next-day" shipping to a specialty shop who does these K12LT shocks often and can just "knock it out" and mail back in a few days, hopefully Friday-Saturday.

If anyone has suggestions on who to call I am open to ideas. $500 and 10 days makes me feel like I could almost mail this to some specialty suspension shop quick and have it back in half the time for less $$. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts