BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Rear Trunk Brake Light - Change

990 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CR125Honda 
#1 ·
Has anyone changed out the rear trunk brake light module for a back off or more frequency lighting when using the brakes?

Looking to change that out so that it flashes when i brake

#2 ·
There was a plug and play option that was available sometime ago-I have it on mine. I think it is a company out of business now, but allowed for a quick answer for this. My light blinks when I apply the brakes-those who follow me, say it is a good addition to attention. Perhaps others on this forum might speak into the company that sold these units. ANY option that provides increased visibility is a good option.

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I installed a Blinking Smart Stop on the top rack set of lights on my 2006 KLT and recently to my Givi V46 top case stop lights on the 2009 RT. The KLT one was installed about 10 years ago. I don't know if this would work in your instance but here is a link to Kahtec; Blinking Smart Stop - Flashing Brake Light

#8 ·
Like this? Installed on my bike a couple of years ago. Easy install and seems to be a good add. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqpjEy9JrNA
Munmi,
I made that video about four years ago.
Glad it's been of some use,
Little blurry (best my phone could do at the time) but gets the point across.
For a few dollars, the GS100A is a great add-on.
Still works great.
Here's how it's mounted.
Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.