BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow! $189.99 for the metzler rear tire. I used to have both tires replaced for $200. What happened?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
saileyboy said:
Holy cow! $189.99 for the metzler rear tire. I used to have both tires replaced for $200. What happened?
I'm just sure it isn't greed - just can't be! :confused: All the folks I ask are in lockstep with oil prices being the driving factor!! Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes:

Butt wait - barrel prices are ...........

ok, I give up. :cool: Cuz they can, I guess!!

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
saileyboy said:
The 21st century? :histerica

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
buy them in the winter

Hi,
I've found that buying tires in the off season saves a bunch. I think that'll occur again this winter.

However, everything keeps getting higher. Your 2 tires at $200 is simply a dream from now on!

Just my .02's

Vern

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Go figure, I just (well two weeks ago) ordered and received a Metz rear from Ron Ayers. Shipped for $126. Everyone else was listing the higher price at the time (AMT, SW Moto) and the tire came with the same "parts unlimited label" that I alway got from AMT. How do they do it? It was not old stock .

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
when were you able to get front AND rear 880's for under $200 total? I'm impressed by that...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
My first set two years ago was 89 for the front and 101 for the rear w/free shipping at AMT.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Please ship some to the UK!!!! I need a new set for my R1100R and have been quoted £225 fitted - that's $450+ :mad:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ron Ayres site now lists them for $180.50...wish I had seen the lower price...I paid $178 from SW MC Tires about 6 weeks ago...would have been glad to purchase 2 for $126 each.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MET. ME 880's

Just got my confirmation from SWMT for a front and rear for the LT, $295.00 delivered to coastal N.C. .
Now the fun begins.

·
Registered
18 Posts
"I'm just sure it isn't greed - just can't be! All the folks I ask are in lockstep with oil prices being the driving factor!! Yeah, that's it.

Butt wait - barrel prices are ...........

ok, I give up. Cuz they can, I guess!!"

I like this one :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
saileyboy said:
Where you find that price?....dealer quoted me $258 *plus* $30 mounting/balancing

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I had two tires put on at the dealer in May. It was $450.00 out the door and the mail order places I called were at $190.00 for the rear and $165.00 for the front. That was SWMOTO. I had put those tires in my "basket" in March and was waiting to order them. When I went back to place the order, WOW! They went up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
brianbeemer said:
Please ship some to the UK!!!! I need a new set for my R1100R and have been quoted £225 fitted - that's $450+ :mad:
When I was looking around I found a Norther Ireland dealer that was offering realistic prices. I will try to find the details, but think I found it on a Google search for Metzeler 880.

I was amazed at how well the bike dropped into corners with the 880s on it. A bit unnerving to start with!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sticker Shock

I just paid $291.00 for a rear Metz 880 installed on my LT. Silly me for not checking this board or ask a price before I had it installed. I would have saved a few bucks if I did.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tires

My dealer quoted me $145.00 front & $165.00 rear plus 30.00 installed per tire. Most of the bike dealers in my part of the country give a 40% discount :bmw or tires. :bmw:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm hoping Daytona BMW has the same sale this year at Biketoberfest as they did for Bikeweek this year.

2 ME 880's for the price of one. Any size.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tyre Prices - Who sets them?

This past Friday I took my LT to the the dealer to change both front and back tyres. The front was still the original Metz that had come to the end of its useful life (still had tread left, but better safe than sorry) I had changed the rear a while ago to Michelin. I got way better mileage, but nothing compared to the world record mileages that some of you guys in the USA get! Any how, after reading this thread today, I'm going to apologise to my friendly bike-tyre dealer for calling him a rip-off-artist! $225 for front and rear, balanced and fitted with my bike washed as well! Compared to what you guys are paying, this was a bargain. And as for the poor guys in Britain - well, you can almost buy a small bike for the price of their tyres!
The question is, our tyres (tires for the US guys) are all made in the same factory and shipped out around the world. Granted the different makes are made in different countries, but why do we all pay different prices for what should be a McDonald's Big Mac standard? Are we sure that Enron hasn't started up again and cornered the market in - BIKE TIRES?! : :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts