BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, Been touring around and hit something on the road Saturday night causing a major blowout on the rear tire. Bike is in Twin Falls and I got a rental car and am in Boise with the wheel. Anyone know where I could get a 160/70B17. Just found out the BMW dealer is closed on Monday's.

Wish I didn't have to wait till tomorrow to find out whether the dealer has one. Wondering if it would be faster to just order one online today. Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
I am sure they have one as I saw several in there last week when I had them install the one I brought with me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Adventure Motorsports in Twin Falls treated me like good family the Tuesday starting CCR.
I was overnighting there in Twin Falls, and went out to a flat front tire (valve stem) on the Tuesday morning.

Put me in the front of the queue and changed my front tire in about an hour.
Highly recommend these folks. They were wonderful.

2469 Kimberly Road, Twin Falls, Idaho 83301
Phone: (208) 733-5072 / FAX: (208) 736-1884
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm / Saturday 9:00am to 3:00pm

No, they are not a BMW dealer, Honda, but had the tires and the good wrenches in the back.
Decent pricing too --

Paul --

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer and suggestions. I was able to get an me880 at pro power performance in boise yesterday. Got it mounted and put it back on.

A large multi-angle cut and a single small round puncture. Hit "something" about 80mph.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
I think you may have hit an open end adjustable wrench...........

Seriously, make sure it's a reinforced tire rated for "C" load capacity. Metzeler does put out an 880 which is the right size but wrong load capacity. Don't need an encore blowout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts