BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was on the motorcycle suprestore site looking at tires. i found that the avon av46 azaro
rear in there listing it said the lt size is reinforced. has anyone ran one of them.

i have herd of people running avon storms but not the azaro?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
As long as it is load rated at 79V go for it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will prob, stick with the metzlers but thought it was interesting they specificly mention
for the lt

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
It was interesting to look at MC superstore's site. They don't show the correct size available for the LT, but they describe the correct size as reinforced to fit the LT and the HD deuce. I have a deuce, and it does use the same size rear tire as the LT, but does not require reinforced. I do, however, run the Avon Storm 2 Ultra on the Deuce.
If you look at the Metzler tires for the LT and Deuce, there are two different tires in the same size, one reinforced, one not.
Don't have a clue what all this means, just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you talked to avon & they said not avail.Too bad looked like it might of been another option.(i kinda like the look of the pattern)

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have been seeing info on the ME888 which appears to be a replacement/upgrade for the ME880 (I could be wrong), just was wondering if anyone out there had the inside track on this situation. Have not seen anyone with a reinforced 79V ME888 (or even the right size for that matter) but as it is a new product maybe more sizes / load ratings are coming.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
The ME888 has been around for a while but they don't make one in a 17" size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts