BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left rear speaker will not always play sound... sometimes it will, sometimes it will not. Does not appear to be a wiring problem as even when there is no sound, I can hear noise from the speaker when I turn the sound system on or off. You know if you have a radio and turn the volume all the way down, but then turn the radio on or off, you get that sound? (I hope someone out there knows what I am talking about). Well, the speaker always makes that noise, so the wiring to the amp has to be intact (my theory). Ideas?

Thanks,
Skip

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
You could remove the rear speakers from the topcase and plug in on the opposite sides to see if the problem stays with the speaker or remains positional.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
check your connection under your passenger seat, might have a bit of corrosion on it, clean it up and put some de-electric grease on the terminals, check your balance/ fade controls on your radio and see if that works, if not then check your speaker itself.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Is there

a right to left (or left to right, if you are facing the rear) balance adjustment on the system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Balance and fade are at zero- If I balance and fade to the offending speaker there is no sound from the radio. I still hear the quiet 'pop' sound when turning the radio on/off. The connections were good. Trying the battery disconnect reset method now. Update later....

Skip

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picking it up from the dealer in a few minutes... problem with the rear speaker was a bad amp- radio replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
SkipI said:
Picking it up from the dealer in a few minutes... problem with the rear speaker was a bad amp- radio replaced under warranty.
That's good news. Did they check the rest of the system?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ibbones said:
That's good news. Did they check the rest of the system?
I figured the radio was pretty much the system, what is left? It does work the way it should now... sound from all speakers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same problem with the right one. The speaker is good, i've checked changing speakers, no problems with cables on the passenger backrest, I've tried fade,etc.
I think it could be the radio or the cables from the radio to rear speakers.
At the weekend I'll take a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts