BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would try refilling my rear shock. In the process of pulling off the banjo fitting I forgot to back off the preload adjuster and losing quite a bit of fluid before noticing the loss. My question is how the heck can I refill this thing? Would like to get it back to were I started and then some to regain some ride height. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks T Bird went out and followed through with the pushing in of the piston. I had already been on line pricing a new shock. You saved me or at least put off the big dollar cost of a new one...Thanks Again...

·
Registered
182 Posts
After following the procedure in the thread above I did have some oil seeping past the crush washers at the banjo fitting. It is better to replace them if you can. Alternatively heat them red hot and then cool rapidly in cold water to restore their maleability before re-installing.
Also make sure the hose from the banjo fitting is pointing in the same direction it was originally when tightening the bolt or the hose will not go back into the retaining clips or worse will contact the seat when closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts