BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin' folks,
I've used the search engine on the forum and on the interwebs and before you ask, I plan to buy a service manual, I just haven't yet. Anyway, two questions: How do I remove the rear seat on my 2000 K1200lt, and how do I remove the rear speakers?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to help a true noob!
FD

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
rear seat is easy just lift up the front seat and look down there is one small bolt on the outer edge each side, where the front seat makes contact when its down.. use the allen key in your tool kit to undo, slide rear seat forward and lift up, there may be a seat heater connection to undo, the speakers are another story all the inside of the lid has to be removed to get access

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Axle said:
rear seat is easy just lift up the front seat and look down there is one small bolt on the outer edge each side, where the front seat makes contact when its down.. use the allen key in your tool kit to undo, slide rear seat forward and lift up, there may be a seat heater connection to undo, the speakers are another story all the inside of the lid has to be removed to get access
Just a quick add - to lift the front seat, open the left pannier and by pulling out the black knob near the front of the pannier, you can lift the front seat. Now, while you have the passenger seat removed, now is a good time to check the coolant level in the container near the left pannier. They say you can check the sight window in the pannier for an idea of the coolant level. I've never been able to utilize that little 'feature', and instead, just peer down the neck of the container as to how full it is. HTH

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
To remove the rear speaker, remove the torn screws holding on the plastic interior piece that holds the top case's mirror in place.

Once this interior "shell" piece is off, it is simply a matter of removing the bazillion screws that hold each speaker on to the top case. Do not forget the screws that are on the bottom edge of the top half of the case, by the hinges.

SEE PAGE 448 FROM THE BMW MANUAL, attached below.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the help! You guys ROCK!
FD

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts