BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a ride the other day. Coming to a stop. The rear brake besides the rattling disc squeals and emits a metallic groan. Upon inspecting the pads, which are half worn. Plenty of meat left. Upon inspecting the disc. I found it moves side to side as before,crappy BMW disc. Now moves front to back. After inspecting front pads. Their fine. So my guess is it's a worn out rear disc. My question is. Where's the best place to get a EBC rotor. Beemer boneyard has them for like $185.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
That is a good price and if you are a BMW MOA member you get 10% off. Also check a few of your local bike shops as EBC makes a lot of rotors and one of them may be able to get you a better price. Just give them the model number which is MD615 for the LT. I just checked Amazon and found one there for $148 on Prime.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Amazon is where I got mine.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It moving forward and backward would it cause the chatter squeal and groan?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea. I saw Amazon has them at a pretty good price.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It moving forward and backward would it cause the chatter squeal and groan?
Mine was solid however I did have the grinding sound I never put a finger on. Pads were fine so no metal on metal but occasionally in hard braking, it would sound like it. I don't recall hearing it after replacing the rotor and pads.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't put my finger on it either. Only that the rear rotor moves side to side and forward and backwards. Being parallel with the wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts