BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,118 Posts
I have been through two (second one came on a spare drive) OEM units and now have an EBC. Two words - no squeal!!! Go with the EBC as it also will not clang either.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not trying to step on Johns toes here, but I only got 24kmi. out of my EBC rotor. The hub is way softer than OEM. The rotor support rings wore into the hub to the point rotor was causing a terrible vibration due to being so loose. If you go with the EBC look it over at Every service. I know there have been other issues with these in the past.

John thanks again for your video. After watching it I only got angry with myself for not doing it much sooner.......

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If you use an ebc rotor, you might need to use an extra spacer. I have had no troubles out of my ebc, close to 40 k on it now, no more cowbell, love it.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,118 Posts
Craig,

My toes are fine. I only have about 2K on the used EBC rotor. I'll keep an eye on it, but it sure is quiet.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was very pleased and lured in by how quiet the rotor was. As time went by I started to develop a very bad vibration. Found rotor was acting like a eccentric and was actually rubbing on part of the caliper. I should have taken some pics. In fact I just threw it in the recycle just a few weeks ago. Again if you buy or have one watch it very closely. Look for exessive wear at the buttons that float the rotor to the hub....

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
my ebc is good too done 80k km and is good as new but does have the slightest bit of runout it has been there all along

·
Registered
375 Posts
My EBC rotor didn't fit right. You have to add an additional spacer or file down the wheel spokes. When I contacted EBC about this they were not too concerned. I'll not spend another penny with the EBC.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered my EBC today is there any thing special I need to do to assemble the rotor? Thanks for the info. Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm thinking of ordering one too, where did you get yours and how much? I know the ABS ring has to be switched over to the new one and the bolts holding it to the final drive have loctite on them so they may need heat, some of the other guys may have suggestions on how to switch the ABS ring.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I got about 50K out of my OEM, and never had any squeal - because I always bed in new pads. Replaced with OEM, and it took 5 minutes.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered mine from Amazon a BMW parts guy found it for me. It was $143 with shipping. P/N EBC MD615. Jim

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I'm on my second OEM, no issues and quiet so far. Changed mine due to the clank sound. Maybe the OEMs are good for ~50K?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm just a little curious....which EBC Brakes have y'all purchased and used on the 1200LT? How hard was it to change out? Can you use them on the front too?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
BlauBeeMr said:
I'm just a little curious....which EBC Brakes have y'all purchased and used on the 1200LT? How hard was it to change out? Can you use them on the front too?
FA 304 or FA 304HH. It only takes a few minutes to change the pads with just a few tools.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts