BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
There are /were several similar racks made of different materials that worked as well as the Ft. Worth Rack and they cost about 1/2. At the time they were offered by members of this forum. Taking off the top case of the LT turns it into a completely different bike as far as handling is concerned.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There always seems to be a used one popping up. I was trunkless for a while and getting close to a trip so I just coughed up and bought a new one. Then another used one showed right after. I love riding my trunkless LT. So glad I rode a year with the trunk first so I know how much better it handles without the trunk!

·
Registered
578 Posts
There are /were several similar racks made of different materials that worked as well as the Ft. Worth Rack and they cost about 1/2. At the time they were offered by members of this forum. Taking off the top case of the LT turns it into a completely different bike as far as handling is concerned.
I just removed my trunk and I can't believe how different it feels. The bike is more nimble and I no longer have the constant fear of things like slow off camber corners and car parks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just removed my trunk and I can't believe how different it feels. The bike is more nimble and I no longer have the constant fear of things like slow off camber corners and car parks.
Exactly! Wish I did before I dropped mine. I love the ride now. Like a sportbike!:surprise:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts