BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my 2002 KLT is back on the road, I have been going thru everything to make sure there are no gremlins (not the AMC variety). I have never used the seat heater before because this is Florida, and if it is cold enough to need it, then I wear a huge padded leather overcoat that would block heat from my butt anyway. Anyhoo, I recently tried the seat heater and it works splendidly well, even thru that thick leather. The problem though, is that the rear one does not heat up at all. My daughter sits back there and it would be nice if she could have some heat. I looked at the plugs and they all SEEM to be plugged in correctly. Is there maybe a fuse, or a hidden connector somewhere, that I could be overlooking?:confused:

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Check to see if the backrest gets hot. Both the rear seat and backrest should be getting hot. You should also be able to check voltage at the seat connector. And the obvious, the seat switch has three positions; low, off (center position), and high.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,181 Posts
You can check the connector on the bike for voltage with the key on. You should measure 12V between pin 2 (brown wire) and pin 4 (green/brown wire). If you have that then the fault lies in the seat switch.

Reactions: malclingan
1 - 3 of 3 Posts