BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
The lesson from this is? Don't stop close to the truck. Don't ever allow yourself to be in a position where you are so close to a truck where you cannot see the driver in the trucks mirrors. If you can't do that leave yourself enough space to have an out somewhere. This strategy has working for me for 39 years.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Talked with bike shop yesterday and they are still waiting on parts, with no ETAs on remaining parts.

As far as stopping to close to the truck, there was at least 30-40 feet between us at stop....I'll admit that I was not in his rear views but on a busy 2 lane road kinda hard to get in his view...all the same I had followed him for a couple miles down the road so he should have know I was there.

Reactions: Fast1

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
427 Posts
FINALLY...

Shop called Wednesday and I'm picking up the bike tomorrow. Hope I still remember how to ride it.
Again, just make sure that you've got all those important add-on's, aux lights like "Proton Blasters", enhanced brake lights, and as I've already suggested ....

.... fully armed, and you should be good to go. 🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, stay safe out there!

Toy Trigger Aviation Wood Surveillance camera

·
Registered
2022 R1250RT & 2005 KLR650
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Picked up the bike about 125 miles ago. Sounds great. Rides great. And I’m getting comfortable again riding.

Photo from the McDonald’s in Cheyenne.

I’ve acquired a boatload of farkles over the last two months. First installed will be the CANsmart and B6 dual LED brake light kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,383 Posts
Again, just make sure that you've got all those important add-on's, aux lights like "Proton Blasters", enhanced brake lights, and as I've already suggested ....

.... fully armed, and you should be good to go. 🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, stay safe out there!

View attachment 179904
You know Scott, Over the years, I have often thought about adding something pointing forward, but not quite as deadly! :) Perhaps a paint-gun with remote trigger, or some sort of spring-loaded ball-bearing shooting device, that I am sure I can design and build, IF I was to put some effort into it.

Things that other drivers on the road do can be quite frustrating!!

Reactions: fleuger99 and Remy

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Picked up the bike about 125 miles ago. Sounds great. Rides great. And I’m getting comfortable again riding.

Photo from the McDonald’s in Cheyenne.

I’ve acquired a boatload of farkles over the last two months. First installed will be the CANsmart and B6 dual LED brake light kit.

Well there's no joy with my bike, talked with shop on Wednesday and we're down to 3 parts, but they are on back order with no details on when they will ship....It's been 2 1/2 months and still waiting on parts....There's NO excuse for this BS from BMW

Leave next weekend on a month long trip to Alaska, hopefully bike is done on my return

·
Registered
2022 R1250RT & 2005 KLR650
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well there's no joy with my bike, talked with shop on Wednesday and we're down to 3 parts, but they are on back order with no details on when they will ship....It's been 2 1/2 months and still waiting on parts....There's NO excuse for this BS from BMW

Leave next weekend on a month long trip to Alaska, hopefully bike is done on my return
I was lucky enough that the parts I NEEDED were available. Still waiting on the fender and the right side body panel. Both were damaged but are at least usable.

You’re right, the lead times are crazy.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
got a text from bike shop today….said it was almost back together…. Still missing right side badge but color me happy…. 3 months to get parts….BMW should be ashamed

Bought the Cyclops upgrade for headlights and had shop install…hopefully it’s worth the upgrade

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
427 Posts
got a text from bike shop today….said it was almost back together…. Still missing right side badge but color me happy…. 3 months to get parts….BMW should be ashamed

Bought the Cyclops upgrade for headlights and had shop install…hopefully it’s worth the upgrade
... and so now we know, boys and girls, why some RT's have such low miles on their odometers. BMW parts supply sucks .... 🙄😖

(Aside: The supply chain issue is a global problem, not just BMW's, and has been since, oh, let's see .. maybe January 20th, 2020. I've been wondering with the energy problems Germany has been having, when the fecal matter was gonna hit that round spinning thingy, and BMW Motorrad would be unable to fill orders, for bikes or parts. It's not like they are in a special category of business immune to the problem. Germany needs to get serious about secure energy production from ALL available, native sources, green, or any other color, to safeguard their citizens. /end rant.)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
... and so now we know, boys and girls, why some RT's have such low miles on their odometers. BMW parts supply sucks .... 🙄😖

(Aside: The supply chain issue is a global problem, not just BMW's, and has been since, oh, let's see .. maybe January 20th, 2020. I've been wondering with the energy problems Germany has been having, when the fecal matter was gonna hit that round spinning thingy, and BMW Motorrad would be unable to fill orders, for bikes or parts. It's not like they are in a special category of business immune to the problem. Germany needs to get serious about secure energy production from ALL available, native sources, green, or any other color, to safeguard their citizens. /end rant.)
Keep in mind that up until last winter, BMW was sourcing a lot of parts from Ukraine. I was involved with switching vendors in my last job from one country to another, and it took over a year to complete.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts