BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from the veterans out there. I want to change the oil in my rear drive myself is there a "step by step" guide out there somewhere for a "newby" to the site? Also oil recommendations? :confused:

·
Registered
247 Posts
YES. On this website, go to Articles, go to Oil Change 101, which covers engine oil change, transmission oil change and rear drive oil change.

Also the Paul Sayegh video tapes are excellent. He has a website to get them. They cover all aspects of basic maintenance.

Also, get the Clymer book on the BMW LT. It is excellent.

Also, you can get the shop manual, they are on eBay in CD form for under $5 (probably not legal copies though).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tim,
I did my first oil change and tranny fluid change this weekend. The tutorial quoted in the previous post is execellent, I had no problems at all. The hardest part was getting the new fluid into the tranny fill hole! Need to rig up a better funnel/hose arrangement for next time.

I plan to do the FD this weekend, time permitting.

I printed out the tutorial and put the pages in clear page holders and into a 3 ring binder for future reference. I've found the help on this site supurb!

Go for it, it was pretty easy!

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
That gadget looks excelent. Do you have one? Is it heavy? T(just thinking of taking it on the road - every gram counts!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts