BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light pressure on the rear brake as slowing and it lets out a VERY embarrassing SQUEAL :eek:

Just as simple as a little brake cleaner or do I got to bed them in or what?

Thank you,

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I finally gave up on trying to stop the noise & somewhere around 30,000 miles I noticed it was almost gone.

·
Registered
507 Posts
LAF said:
Light pressure on the rear brake as slowing and it lets out a VERY embarrassing SQUEAL :eek:
The "Ultimate Driving Machine" company, BMW, should be embarrassed....not you. i was told by my dealer that "they all do it". Pretty lame excuse.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
jhsonderb said:
The "Ultimate Driving Machine" company, BMW, should be embarrassed....not you. i was told by my dealer that "they all do it". Pretty lame excuse.

I was told the same thing. The dealer tried some things that didn't work & I tried some things that didn't work. I would avoid using the rear brakes so I wouldn't have to hear them. Finally I quit trying to fix it & started using them & it went away.

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the thread links.

Never pulled the pads on these but will do that, sand them, and the rotor, brake clean, and go run them to bed them in.

Same on a Harley, although some pulled the rotors and turned them a number of holes and bolted them up and it helped. Mostly I found Lyndal Pads, and keeping the pucks clean, and no issues.

I have never had "exotic" brakes before, so did not know if I should bed them or not, or what nuances these bikes might have. All I know is they do pull you down in a HURRY. I like the rear brake and clutch for slow work. so I do need to resolve it even if I need new/different pads. And now I know since I have linked braking, I need to do it more times.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Bike's too clean.. seriously.. mine squeals every time I clean it real good... I'm going to add some "RTV" carefully around the disc mount points to see if it "minimizes" the occasional squeak...

and you need to "bed" them. Clean up the pads and disc, then "git-r-hot"!!!

Remember,... loud brakes save lives.... or something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts